Everyone is looking for ways to get their name out there and expand their business. One such way is to get listed in directories. Just like everything else, there are advantages and disadvantages to this type of advertising which we will look at below.
- One stop shop – easy to find you or a rep in their local area the more reps that list
- Organization – tend to be categorized by area or company so easier to locate a rep
- The more that get listed on the site, the better resource the site is
- Tends to be more information on the site than just consultant listings
- Better advertising – as many sites are paid, they want to get traffic in order to get advertisers
- Depending on the site, you have the opportunity to say something about your business and list various contact information
- One stop shop – easy to contact several people at once – same company or competitor
- There is a cost – monthly/yearly to be listed
- For your investment, you may not get any results
- The site may only allow a limited amount of vendors for an area (can be an advantage too)
- There are a lot of directories out there and it can be expensive if you start getting listed at multiple ones
Only you can decide if directory advertising is the right method for you. Depending on the investment involved, it is a good idea to do some research. You should be able to email the administrator of the site and ask for the various statistics before you commit to the advertisement. IF they are not willing to share the information, then you likely don’t want to advertise there.
Sharon has been working in the direct sales industry since the fall of 2006. In that time, she has worked for three different companies. Since November 2008, she has been with Gold Canyon Candles where she is a Platinum consultant. If you love having your house smell wonderful with or without wicks, check out Gold Canyon at her website http://mygc.com/skcandles